Our Infection Control Protocol
Information about infection control at Fort Bragg Center For Laser & Cosmetic Dentistry
Infection controls and universal precautions protect patients and team members alike. Everyone benefits from rigorous infection control—you, your dentist, and the dental team. Furthermore, the cornerstone in a good and safe dental practice is the element of trust, and you should feel free to discuss infection control with your dentist and receive straightforward answers.
Fort Bragg Center For Laser & Cosmetic Dentistry follows procedures recommended by several federal agencies: the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), the United States Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
Our infection control measures include:
- Disinfectant hand soap
- Gloves and face masks
- Chemical disinfection of countertops and surfaces
- Sterilization of all equipment before every use
- Finally, we use disposable materials whenever possible
We sterilize all reusable equipment, including dental handpieces. We use an autoclave, a device that kills bacteria and viruses by steam, heat, and pressure.
The best defense against disease is information. Then, the more you know, the better equipped you are to make wise decisions about your health care. In addition, the more you know about our daily procedures and policies, the more comfortable you will feel.
If you have any questions about our infection control protocols and standards, then please contact Fort Bragg Center For Laser & Cosmetic Dentistry by calling (707) 964-2618 or visit our contact page. Finally, ask your dentist any questions that you may have during your first visit, or any regularly scheduled appointment.
Reduction in aerosols & splatter vs. drill
Here at Fort Bragg Center For Laser & Cosmetic Dentistry we have the latest technological advancements to help reduce aerosols and splatter to provide you with the safest dental experience possible. Call (707) 964-2618 to schedule an appointment.
COVID-19 Workflow & Protocol Updates
- Face coverings: Face coverings/masks are required inside the office at all times unless under active dental treatment. During treatment breaks please put your mask back on.
- Social distancing: Please social distance as much as possible while in the office. Companions should wait in their cars during treatment. We will alert them when treatment is completed.
- Hand sanitizer: When entering the office please use the provided hand sanitizer or put on the provided gloves.
- Temperature: Your temperature will be taken when entering the office. If the temperature is over 100 degrees treatment will be postponed.
- Mouth rinse: Before treatment, you will be asked to rinse with a mouth rinse that kills bacterias to reduce bacterial and viral counts.
Please do not enter the office if you are feeling sick, have symptoms, have a high fever, or have been exposed to COVID-19. If you have any questions please call our office at (707) 964-2618.
COVID-19 Screening Form
For the health and safety of all our patients, your visit to Fort Bragg Center For Laser & Cosmetic Dentistry will include a temperature reading and the following important screening questions.
- Have you had a fever within the last 14-21 days?
- Are you having shortness of breath or difficulty breathing?
- Do you have a cough?
- Have you experienced a recent loss of taste or smell?
- Have you been in contact with any confirmed COVID-19 positive patients?